With the recent cold-front moving through, Marie Callender's Pot Pies are the perfect comfort food to warm one up. I love how quick and easy they are, all I need to do is pre-heat my oven, foil the crust, and throw it in for a little over an hour and dinner is ready! Every Marie Callender's Pot Pie shares and delivers the true sense of homemade. Since the pie itself contains so many nutritious ingredients, I never feel the need to prepare a side dish. However, I wanted to make a fun tasty treat to compliment the pie and satisfy my sweet tooth.
Zaden and I decided to make Nutella Yogurt Popsicle's for a nutritious and delicious dessert. If you know Zaden, he LOVES ice cream and these popsicle's are a much more nutritious substitute to good ol' fashion ice cream. Not only are they more nutritional but we also got to bond and make these together which is always enjoyable (;
Nutella Frozen Yogurt Bars
(6 small bars)
1 Cup Plain Greek Yogurt
1 Tbsp Vanilla Extract
1/2 Tbsp Pure Honey
1 Small Overripe Banana
Nutella to taste (we used about 1/4 cup)
- Take your honey and vanilla extract and mix into Greek yogurt until completely blended.
- In a separate bowl take overripe banana a smash it until it reaches a gooey consistency.
- Mix yogurt mixture and banana together until smooth.
- Next, take your Nutella and mix it into the banana yogurt mixture.
- Fill Popsicle molds with yogurt bar mixture (we purchased our molds at Ikea).
- Place in freezer and wait approximately 5+ hours until completely frozen.
These yogurt bars really hit the spot and also was a healthier alternative to just plain chocolate itself! Zaden seriously couldn't get enough of them (;
Marie Callender Pie's are located in the frozen food department at Walmart Super Centers.
Make sure and check out Marie Callender's website to learn more about their pies.
Also don't forget to visit Pot Pie Please for more great recipes.