With Thanksgiving rapidly approaching, I strive to take a little extra time out of my day to think about what I’m grateful for. One of those things is the opportunity to serve others. I love being able to help someone in need, It makes me feel extra warm and fuzzy inside.
I love the spirit during this time of year, and wanted to make some sugar cookies for the new mothers in my neighborhood. Nothing sets the mood for baking cookies like lighting your favorite
holiday scent. When I saw that the new Glade® Limited Edition Winter Collection was released, I was excited to visit to local Kroger to pick up some jar candles. The Glade® Limited Edition Winter Collection Jar Candles can be found in the air freshener aisle of your local Kroger store.
For baking cookies, the SHARE THE SPIRIT™ scent seemed fitting. The pomegranate sparkler™ scent is truly something else and really brought in those feelings of sharing goodness and inspired me to bake yummy cookies. You don’t just smell Glade®, you feel Glade®.
Mini Sugar Cookies
(makes roughly 36 mini cookies)
● 2 cups of flour
● ¾ cups of sugar
● 1 teaspoon baking soda
● ½ teaspoon baking powder
● 1 ½ sticks of butter (softened NOT melted)
● 1 egg
● 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
● frosting and sprinkles (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a bowl mix flour, baking soda, and baking powder
3. In a separate bowl cream together butter and sugar until smooth. I highly recommend using a mixer since this can be rather time consuming. Once creamed mix in your egg and vanilla extract
4. Slowly add the dry ingredients and mix until you get a sticky cookie dough consistency.
5. Roll rounded tablespoons of dough and place on cookie sheet.
6. Bake 6-8 minutes. Let cookies cool completely before frosting if you choose to do this step. Frost and decorate to your hearts delight. I chose to purchase pre packaged frosting at my local Kroger bakery for easy frosting. I finished off the cookies with pretty white pearl sprinkles.
What are some of your favorite ways to share the spirit?